Infectious Disease Testing and Prevention
At Valley Veterinary Hospital of Helena we understand how important your pets are and we strive to provide your fury family members with the best preventive testing and care possible.
The Importance of Infectious Disease Testing and Prevention
Prevention is the best medicine for any infectious disease that can be caused by any of the following:
- Rickettsia (caused by both organisms such as fleas and ticks)
- Mycoplasmas (diseases caused by bacterial mycoplasmas)
- Fungi / Fungus (there are several types of fungi/fungus infections from yeast like infections to skin infections)
- Chlamydiae (Usually causes upper respiratory infections and/or pneumonia, people with birds are more susceptible)
The above list is the most common types of infectious diseases that pets can encounter. These infectious diseases can be mild, moderate, or severe. That is why it is so important to practice preventive medicine with the assistance of Dr. Reisinger at Valley Veterinary Hospital of Helena in Helena MT.
Testing & Prevention of Infectious Diseases
Infectious diseases can make pets very sick and some are even fatal that is why it is so important to bring them to see our veterinarian in Helena, MT or testing.
Making sure a pet is properly cared for is the first recommended step by Dr. Reisinger.
Proper care of pets includes the following:
- Regular visits with Dr. Reisinger at Valley Veterinary Hospital of Helena
- Up to date vaccinations
- Healthy well-balanced diet
- Clean living environment
- Avoiding places or things known to make a pet sick
- Worm checks and regular maintenance medications
- A visit to Valley Veterinary Hospital of Helena when the pet is not feeling well
Types of Testing for Infection Diseases
Just like their human companions, pets can be tested for infectious diseases in the following ways:
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- CT Scans
If an infectious disease cannot be prevented (it happens to even the best pet owners), then testing and treatment is necessary.
Dr. Reisinger at Valley Veterinary Hospital of Helena in Helena, MT are accepting new patients to make an appointment for a regular check-up, preventive measures, or infectious disease treatment call (406) 442-6450 today